Annie Wright, LMFT
Therapist in Berkeley, CA
Meet Annie: Hello! I’m Annie Wright, the founder of Evergreen Counseling and a licensed marriage and family therapist. I received my undergraduate degrees from Brown University and my graduate degree from California Institute of Integral Studies. I’ve been practicing therapy since 2013.
My Therapy Specialties in Berkeley
I specialize in working with Millennial and Gen-X women and men dealing with:
complex relational trauma (sometimes called complex PTSD or developmental trauma)
I also have a particular interest in working with those who identify as and struggle with being first-generation (which includes, in addition to being first gen in this country, being first gen in your family with regards to education, socioeconomics, or profession).
What drew me to this work: Every step of my journey – beginning with my own need to heal from and thrive after very challenging beginnings – has led me to this work. From helping to run an Ivy-league student mentoring program, to serving in the Peace Corps, to living and working at Esalen Institute for nearly four years in my mid-twenties, the archetypal work of counseling – of learning how to help people to navigate challenging situations and feel better in their lives – has been a constant thread throughout my whole life. Becoming a licensed psychotherapist and founding Evergreen Counseling in the community I call home allows me to do what I love the best: help others.
My style: Warm, engaged, direct, relational.
You can learn more about Annie and her work at www.anniewrightpsychotherapy.com.
Annie Wright’s Credentials:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #95719.
- Pre-Clinical Fellow, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Member, The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley.
- Registered Coach, International Coach Federation #009059731I.
- Psychotherapist in private practice, October 2013 – present.
- EMDRIA Approved Basic Training in EMDR levels 1 and 2 through Sonoma Psychotherapy Training Institute
- Brown University, BA in History, BA in Egyptology, 2004.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Masters in Counseling Psychology, 2012.
- Coaches Training Institute, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, 2010.
- Church Street Integral Counseling Center, Practicum Training, San Francisco, 2011-2012.
- Advanced Gestalt Process, Esalen, October 2010.
Book an appointment online with Annie Wright today.
Available For Therapy in Berkeley and via Online Counseling
Annie Wright and Evergreen Counseling serve Berkeley, Oakland, and the surrounding areas such as Albany, El Cerrito, Alameda and San Francisco.
We’re also near the campus of UC Berkeley and are available for students and faculty.
Book an Appointment for Therapy in Berkeley
If you're ready to book an appointment with one of our therapists at Evergreen, simply click below to book your initial consultation session and then we'll get you matched up and booked right away.
If you'd like to get in contact with us to ask other questions, call or text us at (510) 373-2723 or simply send us a message through this contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!