Annie Wright, LMFT
Therapist in Berkeley, CA
Meet Annie: Hello! I’m Annie Wright. I’m a nationally recognized expert in relational trauma recovery, the founder of Evergreen Counseling, a published author, and a frequent mental health commenter in the press. I received my undergraduate degrees from Brown University and my graduate degree from California Institute of Integral Studies. I also spent four years living, working, apprenticing, and studying at the world-famous Esalen Institute. I’ve been practicing therapy since 2013 in Berkeley.
My Therapy Specialties in Berkeley: I’m a relational trauma recovery expert. I do my best work with the adult children of the mood- and personality-disordered who long to create healthy, good adulthoods for themselves, no matter where they started out in life.
- Relational trauma recovery work (sometimes called healing early childhood trauma or developmental trauma recovery).
- I also have a particular interest in working with those who identify as and struggle with being first-generation (which includes, in addition to being first gen in this country, being first gen in your family with regards to education, socioeconomics, or profession).
- I also enjoy working with female founders, professors, politicians, CEO’s, and leaders in traditionally male-dominated industries to support psychological well-being and growth in tandem with career progression.
What drew me to this work: Every step of my journey – beginning with my own need and desire to heal from and thrive after very adverse beginnings – has led me to this work. From helping to run an Ivy-league student counseling program, to serving in the Peace Corps, to living, working and studying at Esalen Institute for nearly four years in my twenties, the archetypal work of counseling – of learning how to help people to overcome adversity, navigate challenging situations, and feel better in their lives – has been a constant thread throughout my whole life. Becoming a licensed psychotherapist and founding Evergreen Counseling in the community I call home allows me to do what I love the best: help others.
My style: Warm, engaged, direct, relational, evidence-based, multi-modal, phase-oriented.
Services I offer: In-person individual therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of California. I also offer sliding scale slots for time-limited EMDR therapy for COVID first responders, front-line health workers, and those who have experienced COVID or lost a loved one to COVID. Please email support (at) evergreencounseling.com to learn more about when the next slots will become available.
You can learn more about Annie and her area of expertise, her published writings, her press and media mentions, and her orginal essays at www.anniewright.com.
Annie Wright’s Credentials:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #95719.
- Psychotherapist since October 2013.
- EMDRIA Certified Therapist 2021.
- Member, EMDRIA, #60710950.
- Complex Trauma Certification Training Levels 1 & 2 (CCTP/CCTP-II) with Janina Fisher, Ph.D. and Bessel Van Der Kolk.
- Member, International Society For The Study Of Trauma & Dissociation.
- Florida Telehealth Provider (TPMF356).
- Brown University, dual BA’s, 2004.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Masters in Counseling Psychology, 2012.
- Coaches Training Institute, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, 2010.
- Church Street Integral Counseling Center, Practicum Training, San Francisco, 2011-2012.
- Advanced Gestalt Process, Esalen, 2007-2011.
- Member, The Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California.
Available For Therapy in Berkeley and via Online Counseling
Annie Wright and Evergreen Counseling serve Berkeley, Oakland, and the surrounding areas such as Albany, El Cerrito, Alameda and San Francisco.
We’re also near the campus of UC Berkeley and are available for students and faculty.
Annie Wright is now an out-of-state telehealth provider for the state of Florida (TPMF356).
Book an appointment online with Annie Wright today.
Book an Appointment for Therapy in Berkeley
If you're ready to speak directly with one of our therapists at Evergreen, simply click the link to schedule a therapy session.
If you'd like a complimentary, personalized matching consultation to ensure you are matched with the best-fitting therapist to support what you’re going through, click below to book.
You may also call or text us at (510) 373-2723 or simply send us a message through this contact form and then we'll get you scheduled to speak with our Clinical Intake Coordinator right away. We look forward to hearing from you!